Technology is evolving even as I write this, so double check prices and services when you look into these services. But, right now, six of these are free, and the other four are really inexpensive. Combining them all will only cost around $10/month, and you'll be managing your real estate business on the road with efficiency and covering all the bases.I am constantly testing and playing with the latest in online, software and hardware, but there is this core group of services that seem to stay on top of my list because they're simple and easy to use, as well as free or inexpensive.
The link above will take you to a set of articles about Gmail. The titles will help you to check them out in the order you desire, or just work your way down.
- All of my business email, and Gmail checks multiple POP email accounts so I can use my domain email addresses.
- Filing and easy retrieval of all email, now more than 30,000 of them.
- Integrates with my Calendar and Tasking.
- Provides simplified contact management capabilities.
- Replies with email address to which email was sent, keeping that branding.
Several of the tools below are tied into Gmail as well, so it's the first and most important tool in the box.GMail is still a totally free service now.
This link takes you to several articles on different ways to use Google Calendar to manage your meetings, appointments and events. You'll also see in the first article how it ties into your overall business management system. The high points are:
- Integration with Gmail, including ability to add events from an email, and display upcoming events and appointments next to your email.
- Takes voice appointments from Jott, which I'll talk about in this group of tools.
- Lets you set up custom reminder systems for text messages, email and popups.
- Integrates RTM, Remember the Milk tasks (later in this tool list) into your calendar.
Google Calendar is free now as well.
- It integrates with Gmail and displays my tasks in Gmail's screen.
- With my calendar appointments, email and tasks all on one screen, I'm more organized.
- It allows me to import via email an entire list of dated tasks when I start a new transaction.
- RTM tasks can also be picked up in Google Calendar, so my one calendar view tells all for the day, week or month.
- Alarms via text or email for tasks deadlines.
The free level of RTM should work for most people.
- Send email notes to myself.
- Send email and text messages to anyone else in my contact list.
- Post Xpenser with expenses as they happen.
- Add tasks to RTM, Remember the Milk.
- Add calendar events and meetings to Google Calendar.
- Add notes to Evernote.
Only $39.50/year for unlimited messages.
Thunderbird is free software.
For $50/year, most people will have all of the storage they need.