The Bottom Line
- Online for anytime anywhere access.
- Huge storage allowance.
- Add-ons and Features available from third party vendors.
- Will check your other branded email accounts.
- Labels are better than folders for archiving.
- Could use more robust filtering options.
- Contact management portion could use custom fields and more functions.
- Checks multiple POP3 accounts - Mine keeps up with five different email addresses for me.
- Sends from multiple addresses - I choose the address from which I want the email sent.
- Recognizes appointment language in emails and offers to build a calendar event for you.
- Google's search + labels makes finding emails later a breeze.
- Groups emails with contact information. You can see your conversations with a contact from their contact record.
- Keeps conversation threads, with all replies, together for easy following later.
Guide Review - Real Estate Email - Will Gmail Work for Your Real Estate Email?
I have found that the cons of using Gmail are more than compensated for by the benefits. I was tired of crashes with MS Outlook when I decided to try Gmail. Though I usually travel with my computer, it is nice to know that I can walk into any internet cafe and conduct my normal email business.