- Get the recent sold price of an income property, such as an apartment complex.
Example: Six unit apartment project sold for $300,000
- For that same apartment project, determine the net operating income, or the net rentals realized by the owners.
Example: The rental income after expenses (net) is $24,000
- Divide the net operating income by the sale price to get cap rate.
Example: $24,000 / $300,000 = .08 or 8% (The Capitalization Rate)
- Others who read this article also found this article on compound interest to be valuable.
- We now have a forum for real estate investors to discuss strategies, share knowledge and have fun talking real estate investment. Join the forum now.
What You Need
- Or get the Real Estate Financial Calculator Spreadsheet Below